09 January 2012

Week 1

Last week and a bit over the weekend, I experimented with writing some of my own image filters. The first one I tried was desaturation, which worked pretty well. It worked by checking which RGB value was highest and decreasing the other two. I modified it to produce saturation and greyscale filters as well.  The saturation filter I altered so that it would take input of the picture and a multiplier, which meant it was more versatile because I could use negative numbers to get desaturation.

Desaturation



Saturation


Greyscale



I also experimented with a few other effects, including negation. I also tried increasing contrast, but it looked kinda weird. So far it's been pretty fun messing around with trying to get things to work. One thing I want to try is edge detection. I haven't really decided what I want to do for the project yet.

Increased Contrast



Negation

No comments:

Post a Comment