17 January 2012

Map

Today I made a simple map by combining several images. Here's what the final product looks like, so far at least:



And here's the base images I used, for comparison:




I resized all of the images because I didn't feel like dealing with size differences in JES. To make the background, I blended the last two images together. The land was made by replacing pixels with a low enough intensity with pixels from the grass texture, then rotating it. I added the background to the land by replacing pixels with a high enough intensity with the background pixels and pixels with a slightly lower intensity with lightened background pixels (the lighter blue edge around the island is intentional). I think I might add a compass rose or something to this later, since it looks a little plain right now.

1 comment:

  1. Are you going anywhere with this? (A great question to ask about a map)

    ReplyDelete