10 January 2012

Monday, Week 2

I messed around with a few more filters, but didn't really accomplish much. I made one that reduces an image to just black and white areas depending on the intensity of the pixels and one that also includes several shades of grey. It looks like this could be useful for a posterization effect. I also started looking around for images to use for the project. I think what I'm going to do for it will depend on if I can get edge detection to work or not. 

Black and white


With grey




1 comment:

  1. (This is really a response to your first two posts). Good posts, and I really appreciate that you are doing a lot on your own. Edge detection is tough -- pretty mathematical, but more than just mathematical in that it is also numeric. Guzdial has a simple approach that does not work really well. It might be feasible to use his approach and then "remove noise".
    Talk to me about what you want to do with edge detection and maybe we can figure something out.

    ReplyDelete